Monday, May 16, 2011

Motivational Monday

Two months ago I picked up Become Your Own Boss In 12 Months by Melinda Emerson however I must admit I haven't had time to jump into it. Since it's actually a month-by-month planning guide to starting a sustainable and profitable business I've decided to start at the beginning of next month.

Many of you may already know that Soul Couture (formerly Trendy Tee'z) started totally by accident. I never set out to have a small business I simply wanted to earn enough money to feed my hobby. Well as the story goes I started selling my Natural Beauty Tee's locally with some of the proceeds going to some of my favorite charities and before I knew it I was receiving more and more emails asking me when was I going to have more designs.....here I am several months later with a fully functional graphic t-shirt line and I still don't quite know where I'm headed. I decided to change the name a few months back, designed a new logo, moved from Etsy to a Bigcartel store front however I still haven't taken the time out to right down my goals for Soul Couture and construct a clear business plan; so I've decided to pick up a new journal and start my 12 month journey effective June 1, 2011 and I need someone to take this Journey with me.  If you've been thinking about starting your own small business and you want to take this 12 month journey with me please email me at dwheeler013@yahoo.com and I will make sure to mail you your very own copy of Become Your Own Boss In 12 Months.  I can only afford to send out one book however I do challenge all of you  to take this 12 month journey with me and let's see where it leads us.

I will announce the lucky Beautiful Brown May 25, 2011.

1 comment: