Monday, January 10, 2011

Motivational Monday


Every year people set New Year resolutions and three months into the New Year most have already fallen off.  Probably because they never really have a clear vision of what they are trying to accomplish. After I graduated from high school my best friends and I got together one evening and created a vision board. I taped mine to the back of my closet door to constantly remind me of what I wanted and what I wanted to accomplish. Years later I am still practicing that technique but instead of a vision board I use a journal and I carry this journal with me every where I go. Why? Because I never know when an idea is going to cross my mind or when I may receive a revelation from God. I also fill my journal with special quotes, bible scriptures, sketches and clippings from magazines. The visuals help me to keep my eye on the prize. I know that some will find this hard to believe but I visualized my engagement  ring and I sketched it out in my journal and when my King proposed to me my engagement ring was almost identical to my sketch.  The bible tells us in Habakkuk 2:2-3  “Then the LORD answered me and said: ‘Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.’” God’s vision when written, gives you the inspiration to stay focused and concentrate on the business at hand until that vision has come to pass.  

Not only should we visualize but we should speak our vision into existence. Proverbs 18:21 states that “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” Use your journal or your vision board to serve as a reminder to make positive affirmations. Be Prayful and seek God’s guidance to bring your visions to pass.

For those of you who are interested in creating your own vision board I’ve prepared a few tips to help you along the way.

Supplies you will need to create your vision board.

Poster Board
Magazines (make sure you have a wide variety so you won’t limit yourself)
Glue Stick
Assorted Markers

If you’re going to take the journal route I suggest visiting your local .99 cents store. I prefer Michaels Arts and Crafts or Target. Both have some really cute options.

Lastly call some friends, prepare some tasty bites and make a party out of creating your vision boards. Accountability is important and making a party out of it will give you a chance to get together and socialize with other women who share your vision for the future.

This year I'm going to create a vision board in addition to my journal. I will share my completed vision board at a later date. If you have already completed a vision board and want to share your vision board with me please email me a picture of your vision board at wearsoulcourture@yahoo.com

Peace and Soul
D

No comments:

Post a Comment